7/05/2010

Tidy up

A mission runner’s “you reap what you sow” would roughly translate to “you loot what you wreck.” By June I managed to hoard 824 items in two solar systems. When I opened my hangar or assets tab lag was noticeable, getting worse after each mission. Thalis Malu, who was listening to my predicament, uttered the one line that changed everything forever. [insert image of light bulb here] [playback sound effect of angel choir]

[ 2010.06.04 ] Thalis Malu > I keep all my items in station cans
[ 2010.06.04 ] Dax Jr > what are station cans?
[ 2010.06.04 ] Thalis Malu > Ship Equip\Deployable\Cargo Containers
[ 2010.06.04 ] Thalis Malu > Station Container

Following his instruction I opened the market interface to find several station containers for sale at 10,000 ISK in Ignebaener. Shortly thereafter I moved back to Auvergne where even more items where sprawled about. But I had to pay over tens times the price for one because systems near trading hubs have inflated tags on them. I bought fourteen and began sorting them:


A station container has 1,000,000 m3 capacity so unless you're a hardcore miner space won't be an issue. Note that they were designed for corporate hangars, to serve as audit log secure containers. This means every time an item is moved the transaction will be logged. The initial setting will lock down anything dropped into them for security reasons. To use these cans with ease, a pilot needs to tweak the configuration.


Right clicking on a station container will bring up a contextual menu like above. Choose configure container and check on 'unlocked.' I doubt people will need passwords for personal hangars but it's never a bad idea to set one for expensive deadspace modules. Rest assured, even in the worst case you'll get hacked but those Chelms' will be safe.


Dominion patch enabled players to view the contents of station cans in their assets tab but search isn't available yet. You will have to open each container to move items into them, which I think could be improved if one could drop items directly on the icons. This could get annoying when you have over a dozen to manage. I think fourteen is a bit excessive because it requires so much clicking.

How do you manage your inventory?

1 comment:

  1. -Thalis Malu-
    Ahaha, you really did go hardcore on sorting! Good to hear, makes things a heck'uva lot easier :)

    ReplyDelete