5/01/2010

Meet Dronicus

For the last couple of days, Dax Jr. has been roaming Gallente space searching for the right agent. There was this Internal Security agent in Haine who gave me lucrative offers and acceptable rewards. The catch is Haine is low-sec. My Thorax got a good pelting from an Omen Navy Issue pilot and his tech2 Hobgoblins near a gate, barely surviving the encounter with 60% hull. Setting autopilot in low-sec and going afk will never happen again. Learning my lesson the hard way, I drag out the local channel and constantly keep an eye out for pilots with low security standing.

My mission running came to a halt when a deep space pocket encounter was commissioned. Cheating on level one with a cruiser caught up as I could not access the acceleration gate. All my assets were kept at a station 11 jumps away so I carefully made my way back to high-sec. After deciding on the Imicus as the frigate of choice, I began fitting the little bugger with modules, some of which had to be bought at the market. On my way to pick up two Drone Navigation Computers, I discovered a Surveillance agent whose quality is 19 - and she's in high-sec. If only I had studied all the agent types before setting off to Haine. Oh well, I packed everything and began the exodus.

For hours I flew around in my pod picking up my ships and items from Trossere. Someone in the NPC corp channel noticed me doing this and asked why I wasn't in a ship. Pod travel just seemed hilarious knowing that it's safe in high-sec. Not perfectly safe, but 'whoever-shoots-me-down-will-lose-a-lot-more-than-I-do-for-sure' safe.

Finally I am ready to set off in my new frigate which I aptly christen Dronicus. She has not reached her full potential yet, but for fun's sake another trial and error is worth this cheap piece of fit. Here it is. I've already thought of improvements below.


A viable alternative would be fitting a Drone Link Augmentor in the high slot and a Sensor Booster on the medium slot. Assuming that basic requirements are met, an Imicus will be able to target enemies at a safe distance of 50km 46.86km(longer if you've got better skills), deploy three drones, and watch the fireworks go off without having to fire a single charge. Low slot modules can be exchanged with a Damage Control Unit and an Overdrive Injector System, freeing up the powergrid for an Afterburner. EHP will actually rise to 1,715 while mobility is boosted to 843m/s. The best part being, of course, that the capacitor runs permanently. The longer I looked at this fit, the more I liked it. So below is my new fit.


I leave you with a screenshot of my trusty Dronicus docking in after a day of hard work. Fly safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment